1. About this Policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members and instructors, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation toit.
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold aboutyou.
2. Who are we?
- We are Oak Activities Limited. We can be contacted at The Bungalow, Northgate, Pinchbeck, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 3SQ.
3. What information we collect and why.
|Type of information||Purposes||Legal basis of processing|
|Member’s name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail
|Managing the Member’s membership of Oak Activities Ltd.||Performing Oak Activities Ltd contract with the Member.
For the purposes of our legitimate
interests in operating the business.
|Emergency contact details||Contacting next of kin in the event of emergency.||Protecting the Member’s vital interests and those of their
|Date of birth / age related information||Managing membership categories which are age related.||Performing Oak Activities Ltd contract with the Member.|
|Medical Conditions||Provision of adequate facilities and care for members.||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in making sure that we can provide sufficient and suitable facilities and care.|
|Photos and videos ofMembers||Putting on the Oak Activities Ltd website and social media pages and using in press releases.||Consent. We will seek theMember’s consent on their membership application form and the Member may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us by email or letter.|
|Bank account details ofthe member or other person making payment to Oak Activities Ltd||Managing to Member’s provision of services and events.||Performing Oak Activities Ltd contract with the Member.|
|Instructor’s name, address, email addresses, phone numbers and relevant qualifications and/or
|Managing instruction at Oak Activities Ltd.||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that we can contact those offering instruction and provide details of instructors to members|
4. How we protect your personal data
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
- Wehaveimplementedgenerallyacceptedstandardsoftechnologyandoperational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration ordestruction.
- Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100%secure.
- For any payments which we take from you online we will use a recognised online secure payment system.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
5. Who else has access to the information you provide us?
- We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where required to do so by law or as set out in the table above or paragraph 5.2below.
- We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to print newsletters and send you mailings). However, we disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
6. How long do we keep your information?
- We will hold your persona ldata on our systems for as long as you are a member of Oak Activities Ltd and for as long afterwards as it is in the Company’s legitimate interest to do so or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We will review yourpersonaldataeveryyeartoestablishwhetherwearestillentitledtoprocessit. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the establishment exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
7. Your rights
7.1 You have rights under the GDPR:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data isprocessed
- to have your personal datacorrected
- to have your personal data erased in certaincircumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data isprocessed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
7.2 You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
0303 123 1113.
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House
Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK95AF
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Protection Manager at The Bungalow, Northgate, Pinchbeck, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 3SQ.