Formed in 2016 Oak Activities is an all-inclusive, sports and activities company and our mission is to ensure all ages and abilities participate in exercise and have the opportunity to try multiple sports. We deliver coaching, chair based exercises, seated dance classes, multi-sport sessions and much more to ages 2 to 102 years, including children and adults with disabilities.
Look around the website, like and join our Facebook and Twitter pages and find out more about our job opportunities. Any questions, just ask us.
Oak Activities is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and individuals with disabilities and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job title: Coach.
Reporting to: Head Coach.
Salary: £16k per year.
Hours: 25+ per week, including evenings and weekends.
- Plan and deliver fun, structured and engaging activities in a safe environment to all ages and abilities.
- Provide feedback on performance and help to improve technique.
- Work with young people, schools, and community groups and sports organisations to promote sport, fitness and wellbeing.
Key responsibilities & duties:
|Duties of the role||Time spent||Competencies sought||Must have or optional (can be trained)|
|Plan and deliver structured sport activities to young children||50%||
|Plan and deliver structured sport activities to children and young adults with disabilities||40%||As above||Must have
Previous experience working with children and adults with disabilities
|Administration||10%||Excel database skills|
Academic or trade qualifications:
- Level 2 Coaching Qualification or Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport.
- First Aid preferred
Work experience and skills:
- Previous experience working with young children and people with disabilities.
- Previous experience coaching young children and people with disabilities.
- Full, clean driving licence.
If you think you have what it takes to deliver quality coaching and want to help young children to grow and develop their skills, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 26th October 2018.